Halloran & Sage offers a full range of litigation and business services to professionals. In litigation, our firm has long been a leader in the defense of professional-liability claims. With our extensive background in these cases, we can help our clients secure the best-possible result. We also represent professionals in their business affairs. We assist in setting up partnerships, limited-liability corporations and other entities. We provide legal services in corporate matters, real estate, finance, employment, contracts and insurance.
Because we work with professionals in many different fields, we are uniquely experienced in the legal nuances of professional-liability cases. We understand the financial, professional, and personal impact of being charged with professional misconduct.
- Medical professionals. Our extensive experience includes representation of physicians, hospitals, home health care providers, chiropractors, nursing homes, podiatrists, social workers, psychotherapists, psychiatrists and others. We work closely with our medical clients, both to familiarize them with the legal process and to ensure that we understand the nuances of their practice.
- Architects and engineers. We have a long and successful record of representing design professionals. We handle cases ranging from slip-and-fall to complex commercial-construction claims alleging design errors and omissions. Our attorneys are knowledgeable in the technical as well as the legal aspects of these cases.
- Brokers and agents. We defend claims against professional real-estate agents and brokers, insurance agents and brokers, and financial advisors. We regularly handle claims involving breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, misrepresentation, the Connecticut Unfair Trade Practices Act, the Connecticut Unfair Insurance Practices Act, negligence, libel and slander.
- Directors and officers. We are experienced in defending directors and officers in disputes involving all aspects of corporate decision-making. We handle shareholder and shareholder-derivative claims in state and federal court involving breach of fiduciary duty, federal and Connecticut securities violations, due diligence, mergers and acquisitions, and general business operations.
- Legal professionals. We have many years of experience defending legal professionals against claims of professional malpractice. We also defend lawyers who are sued by non-clients in case alleging vexatious litigation, abuse of process and the like. We are thoroughly familiar with errors and omissions insurance policies.