Careers with Halloran & Sage
Summer Associates: Step Forward to a Career
As a summer associate at Halloran & Sage, you will enter a program of learning and discovery - about the law, about our firm and about yourself. Our summer associate program serves as a stepping-stone - one towards a career with our firm. In our summer associates, we are hoping to find our future partners and leaders.
My summer at Halloran & Sage flew by. I rolled up my sleeves, dove into interesting legal research, got involved in impressive projects, attended depositions, made great friends and had 10 weeks that got me ready for my third year at law school. It was intellectually stimulating as well as lots of fun. - Katie Lewis Bordeau
Quinnipiac University School of Law, 2006
For this reason, we design our summer program to give you the broadest possible view of our firm while ensuring that you gain practical, hands-on experience. You will learn firsthand what law practice is like, through careful mentoring and direct responsibility. You will also learn about our firm, our practice areas and our culture, both by working closely with partners and associates and through a variety of outings, events and ad hoc get-togethers. Most importantly, you will learn more about yourself and your own future as a lawyer, aided by the consistent and constructive feedback we provide.
Here are some of the opportunities our summer program offers:
- Work closely with key partners on a variety of matters.
- Learn about our firm's different practice areas and work on projects in several practice areas.
- Meet our partners and senior associates and discuss the firm's work and culture.
- Perform work that makes important contributions to ongoing projects.
- Engage in activity that closely mirrors that of a full-time lawyer at our firm.
- Attend depositions, court conferences, trials and client meetings.
- Obtain ongoing feedback and evaluations leading to a comprehensive review at summer's end which assesses your strengths, weaknesses and areas of interest.
- Attend a variety of social events in the company of our firm's partners and associates.
Along with professional development comes a great place to spend the summer. Our central New England location is just an hour from the beach in one direction and the mountains in another. Hartford comes alive during summer, with outdoor concerts, minor league baseball and vibrant nightlife. Whether you are a sports enthusiast or a culture maven, you will find plenty to fill your free time.
Our summer associates invariably find their summer experience with us to be rich and rewarding. Many return after graduation to launch their careers with our firm. We look at our summer associates as our future partners and we hope they look at us that way too.
Learn more about career opportunities with Halloran & Sage
Associates: Path to Success
Lateral Hires: Pursuing New Challenges
Training and Development: Integral to our Firm
Legal Opportunities with our Firm
Staff Opportunities with our Firm