Green Initiatives & Climate Change
Green initiatives and climate change are altering our global focus and priorities. Businesses and industries are faced with substantial risk as well as a wide array of new business opportunities. The way in which our clients adapt to these changes, do business and provide services will have a lasting effect on their success for years to come.
Halloran & Sage is uniquely positioned to offer a multidisciplinary approach in dealing with climate change and related energy, green law and environmental matters. Halloran & Sage attorneys combine experience in energy, environmental and land use law, government affairs, construction, insurance, real estate and financing, to provide solutions that enable clients to capitalize on these opportunities as well as avoid and minimize the associated risks. Our attorneys provide information and resources to businesses, individuals and corporations on local, state, regional and federal initiatives and offer advice and counsel on the impact of these changes.
- Green Construction – our LEED certified attorney-architect has a professional understanding of the construction process and advises on legal aspects of sustainable design, construction, and maintenance of green buildings and green neighborhoods such as air quality – permits, new regulations, etc.
- Turning Brownfields into "Green Fields"
- Renewable energy
- Our administrative and regulatory attorneys advise on the EPA’s new climate change and energy-related regulations
- Risk management
- Our insurance attorneys track climate change as an emerging risk for the insurance and reinsurance industry as well as an opportunities to develop new products for the new green technologies
- The SEC’s new climate change disclosure guidelines – our business and securities attorneys advise on disclosures of the risks and opportunities presented by climate change
- The federal government has implemented a number of new green energy initiatives – is your company ready to sell its green products and ideas to the federal government?
- Trademark/patent – US patent office fast-tracking patents for green inventions